Wednesday, August 31, 2005


Gardens are funny things. Not having a garden, I couldn't quite understand the frenzy my mum got into a few months back when hers was judged for some competition. At this stage, there's something you should know, hers is a garden without any water feature. Now everyone knows, to win a competition, one must first know the rules. She had suffered the humilliation of not winning last year. ( I am absolutely sure it was solely the lack of water feature which dun her in so to speak. )

This year, she stuck a windmill in the garden instead. She dug her heels deep in when I delicately suggested adding some form of moving water in the garden. So we were judged minus a water feature...and plus one rather weird looking windmill.

She came in "Naib Johan"....and we can all heave a sigh of relief. The windmill has grown on us somewhat so I guess we're keeping it just that bit longer.

No comments: