Monday, August 29, 2005


What started off as a trip to the hairdressers ....ended up quite differently. Quite out of character ( for me ) I signed up for 40 lessons of yoga. Me!! A person who cant touch her toes since 1984. ( ie Mary Lou Retton inspired me that year....but she became fat and retired and so did I )
Lesson one was entitled HOTyoga. They bunged the temp up to a warm 37 degrees. One hour later,my head was as drenched as if I had a shower....I successfully completed my first ever yoga class. Note to self....bring a bottle of water the next lesson and possibly a face towel as well.
Lesson two was called "elements" Much better. Decidedly less warm than lesson one and I managed to twist the body and admire self in mirror for at least three poses before collapsing in a heap. People who take yoga are of the svelte variety. As I watched each trim body walk pass me into the studio....my heart started beating faster as I envision self as the worst in the class.

No comments: