Saturday, September 10, 2005

Heliotrope is the new black

I went for my second ever "hot" yoga class this evening. My heliotrope pants made its debut. I now know what it's like to have a personal yoga tutor. For some odd reason, there were only two other people in the class making it a grand total of 4 people. ( teacher included )I took a peek at the other two at the begining of class...I must say they looked fit and trim.

And with such low mood I set about stretching and breathing. Vivian took us through the steps. We sat ....inhaled...exhaled....lifted arms....exhaled....and so the session began. As I had forseen...mine was the most inflexible body in the room. Thankfully the heliotrope pants made up somewhat for my lack of agility.

Today I learnt yet another variation of the tree pose. And as always, my tree swayed somewhat from side to side...finally ending with the roots coming off mid session. Terrifically embarrasing and you can double that feeling by virture of this being a small and cosy class.

I had great plans to buy a yoga mat. There was a delectable pink mat ....but as luck would have it the blasted thing was out of stock. Black seemed a little funeral-like and I do like my mood uplifted during my stretches. There was the boring blue as a back-up colour but I peevishly ignored that and opted to sit it out and wait.I wonder whether NIKE does yoga mats. That swoosh at the edge of the mat would complete the look I believe. Nope..it will have to be pink to match the couch in the hall. Coordination is the key element to a good Feng Shui. Shucks to Lilian Too ...I can do a spot of feng shui too every once in a while. So There!!

No comments: