Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Health is wealth

I have been in a horizontal position for the better part of the day. That's right being struck down with the "flu-bug" whatever that is. Let me just remind those out there who haven't been ill for some time...that health is INDEED wealth. It's 8:30pm and I'm 80% well and a 102% grateful to be so.

There's an indentation on the right side of the bed thanks to the good ole bum sinking in there for 10 hours straight. The bedroom is in a right mess. I have two mags and a story book to my right. There's a container with grape seeds in them on the floor. A plate with a used tissue , am empty mug, a vitamin bottle ( now empty of course ) and a bottle of "happy legs" leg cream by biotherm. Oh and I'm still in my jammies....just in case I need to sleep suddenly. Do I sound like a right royal mess yet?

9 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Hey Edina, Glad you're on the mend; keep resting til the last 20% wellness kicks in; don't do as I do, which is to celebrate any flu improvement too soon, in turn wearing myself into the ground for another week, instead of resting another afternoon! Take care!

Fred said...

Not quite yet. But, I do hope you feel better soon!

3e said...

Stay in bed until you are absolutely well! Take care!

The Aunt said...

One tissue only! Pshaw! You don't know what a real 'flu is!

I'd recommend a nice thick chicken soup, and then I remember how far East you live, and think you'd better just stick to leek soup just in case.

Get well soon! M

Kurios1978 said...

You forgot chocolates by your bedside... it's a must! It cures ANYTHING.

edina monsoon said...

nza: Back to work:)

gnightgirl:Back to the big bad world. Only to succumb to a weeny headache at the end of the day. And so here I am back in my fave position ie in bed with the laptop with the sound of rain outside.

Fred: I managed to get tham nails done:) Was going to take a picture..but my toes are shy.

Lasez: Thanks for the good wishes. I'm oodles better today.

Aunty marianne:Tissue not needed. The main complain was an aching body and waves of rigors. I had my porridge ..no chicken soup and no leek soup either.

Kurios: I don't like chocolate. That's right. ( and no I'm not mad and yes I'm from planet earth ) What I yearn for is piping hot keropok lekor. Woooooo! But that's not something I'ld want to eat in bed. SO perhaps the choc was a good idea after all:)

TLP said...

Oh, poor girl. No, you don't sound like a mess. You sound as if you are going to be well soon. But not soon enough.

Okay, so now I'm going to appreciate feeling good. It never lasts. I always forget to think of my wonderful gift of good health.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Sometimes it's just nice to be bed-ridden, even if you're feeling bad. We need those days in bed or on the sofa in front of the telly or with a good book once in a while.

edina monsoon said...

TLP: On the mend:) On the mend. And I cannot wait to be back to bouncing health.

Anna:I did finish the ENTIRE first season of desperate housewives whilst in bed.