Wednesday, December 28, 2005

Lessons to learn...


When you've set your eyes on a book, listen to your heart and buy the damm thing. Don't compromise with other books. This is exactly what I did the week before christmas and since then I've been wading through my present book. I can hardly blame the present book for failing to entertain me to the fullest. I suspect it's my subconcious mind, preventing me from enjoying my book. I intend to rectify this problem by buying the very book which I've been obsessing over ever since I turned the first page in the bookstore... False Impression by Jeffrey Archer,

And by doing this, may I finally be allowed to enjoy a good read and be transported to another world...instead of the jerky visits I've been made to put up with.

4 comments:

Fred said...

I was looking for a new book to start the year off, and it's amazing how it works out. I found one earlier on one blog, now this one. I have two - yay!

edina monsoon said...

Good! Good!I've given Anthony Bourdain a rest for the moment. So it's archer here I come. ( and here you come..as well if you're gonna read the book )

The Aunt said...

As I was brought up on Archer and have decided to save him for my retirement, and I don't want to die stupid, I'm reading Lao Tsu.

Yoda-like pronouncements expect you should.

edina monsoon said...

aunty marianne: And how's that book coming along for you?? ( I see you're a yoda person at heart )