Saturday, December 10, 2005

Please tell me what this is..


I went to KLCC with a purpose. And no it wasn't to spend money on self. I'd promised to buy cookies as a backup plan just in case we're hounded with guests ( a high possibility ) over the christmas holiday. Not only has Liz Claiborne ( refer to other blog "snob" for further details ) disappeared from the face of KLCC.... the cookie corner has now been taken over by Haagen Dazz. As much as I'm a fan of HD ice-cream I was miffed to return home cookie-less.

Dinner was Nippon blah blah japanese. Interesting although there was a small bowl beside me with strands of pickles reeking of wet socks. That certainly put a damper on the appetite. No complains re salmon. Once again salmon and wet socks don't go at all well together.

The picture above is of the other bowl to my left. Looked dodgy but it tastes extremely delightful. I savoured every morsel and ignored the wet sock pong to my right.

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

It's a salad.

how was that for helpful?

edina monsoon said...

On a scale of 1 to 10.....I'ld give you a 5:) I'm still mulling over the odd taste since last night. Would I go for a repeat performance? Hmmmm probably not in the near future if the wet sock pong is the obligatory side dish which comes with it

Fred said...

I have no idea. I'm stumped.

The Aunt said...

It looks horribly glutinous.

Or even slimy.

Yuk.

edina monsoon said...

Fred: You and me then:))

Aunty marianne:Slimy yes...:) Tee hee hee. I'm gonna stick to plain old sushi for the moment. Just as well I don't wear socks.( given up moisturizing feet ) for now. SO no fear of the wet-sock smell around the apartment.