Tuesday, January 03, 2006

Back to work...boohooo!

Tomorrow marks the first day back to work after a long weekend. Hello 2006 and with it many many resolutions and dreams to become a more purrr-fect human being.

The book to the right is a new purchase. Initial plan was to buy Cecelia Ahern's new novel. In the spirit of the new year, a little deviation from what is considered the norm proved too tempting to ignore. And so, I now own this book and the first three pages have already made me laugh which means....it's going to be a GREAT book.

More than midway through False Impression...the pace is fast..Can't wait for Krantz to get what she deserves.I'm attempting to savour every page ie rereading paragraphs to make it last that bit longer. It's a force of habit. I'm sure I'm not the only nut doing this in the world

Happy new year 2006 to everyone I know...in the real world and in the blogger world. My new year's resolution is a simple do-able one. ( and it's a secret...surely you didn't think I'ld be crazy enough to blog it.)



4 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Happy New Year, Edina!

I'm back to work today too, only it's our "official" U.S. holiday, so nothing to do, and no deliveries. What's a girl to do but check your blog?

edina monsoon said...

Why thank you:) Btw..a little bird told me it's your birthday soon. I shot the little bird. But here's my birthday wish just the same.

The Aunt said...

Anything by Stephen Fry is genius. The man is a national treasure. Enjoy.

edina monsoon said...

Aunty marianne: Isn't he?? mcurrently reading two of his books simultaneously...( I haven't kicked this annoying habit yet ). This only serves to double the depression when BOTH books have been read and there's a void to be filled.