Wednesday, January 04, 2006

A brush with the law!


I went to court this morning. Gosh! It sounds right down glamorous when said with the right intonation of voice plus a modicum of pride in voice, If said in a downcasted woebegone tone, one would think evil black thoughts. What does one wear? Slutty outfits are definite no nos.Frou four tops so fashionable these days are best avoided at all cost.( ZARA has a lovely white winter coat...wear it and you can make-believe you're the ice-queen in Narnia ) I woke up in a conservative state of mind and wore the baju kurung.

The grass is always greener on the other side. Seeing the chic yuppy lawyers buzzing about in crisp white shirts and black skirts or trousers made me yearn to be one. I would look SO cool in that outfit. I can just picture self now. Hmmm....

7 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

So they threw you in jail, and let you keep your laptop?!!

:-D

I went to court here several years ago to hyphenate my maiden name with my (then) married one; while I dressed for the occasion, there were some women that showed up in shorts, which is forbidden. There's a woman's organization, though, that stands outside the courtroom with loose, broomstick skirts, so women can wear them over their shorts, and proceed with their scheduled business. Weird, huh?

edina monsoon said...

gnightgirl: W-E-I-R-D!! Take a picture please cos my imgination is running wild here. ( I smuggled the laptop in...and bribed the guards to shaddup. Promised them I would blog their life stories in such a way hollywood would come a knocking )

TLP said...

LOL. So, why were you there?

3e said...

ZARA's having their winter sale here! I can't find anything in my size but hubby bought pants, t-shirts, shirts, shoes... lucky him!

edina monsoon said...

TLP: I was the plaintiff..or isit the other word I'm looking for. Confused now. A year back, a motorcyclist and myself collided on the road. The car was smashed and he was suitably damaged from the incident too. A summons appears in the letterbox a month or so back, requesting my presence at the main courthouse in KL. ( after all the fuss it was settled out of court. ) I did enjoy the lovely morning sunshine as I walked back to my car...to drive back to the reality of WORK.

edina monsoon said...

Lasez:There's a huge nationwide sale in Malaysia and yes ZARA is having one as well. Didn't buy the narnia coar but I did try it on for size...the fur made me wheeze.

edina monsoon said...

misdina: settled out of court would you believe it? Or so I'm led to believe. Here's to a brilliant 2006