Sunday, January 08, 2006

Its a wonderful lfe!


I have a strange and mildly diseased mind. So bear with me as I take you through a tour of the garden as seen by my camera. First let's start by commenting on the weather this morning ( totally unrelated to the subject of this post btw ) it's a wet rainy saturday morning. The temperature must be 24 degrees and the humidity is still at its tolerable state. The burr of the washing machine reminds me I have the laundry to hang out in about 20 minutes. There's the floor to clean before I head out. But in the meantime,I have decided to wander about aimlessly here.( Blame it on the weather and let's be done with it )Such is the zest this morning...I actually made my bed directly after getting up.
I have no names for the plants in the pictures. I hope my mother will forgive me this lack of knowledge.

From the end of the garden, we proceed in my usual haphazard manner to just about any part of the garden which tickles my fancy. Mum is rather found of gnomes. We've given her a few over the years. Note the rocks below the pot, collected from various parts of the town. Here is a wild exotic world, peopled by exciting plants ov various shapes and smell, a stark contrast to my own apartment, where there is no other living creature based in it. ( apart from self...and the pc if you consider it a living, breathing item )



Bougainvillea is a woody plant with thorns very common in most gardens. The hybrid ones are more interesting. This here is a lovely pink variety which when it flowers is absolutely gorgeous.What else is there in the garden you ask....LOADS more. But I need to brave the wet wet outdoor and get some chores done. More pictures to follow....later today...

5 comments:

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I'm insanely jealous! Every living thing is "in hibernation" here, hence, my garden tour would be nothing to post about.

Love the greenery, and I find every photo interesting. Take more! More I say! I'm all the way over here on the other side of the world, and intensely interested!

edina monsoon said...

Hello hello:) I'll do my best. The downloading takes some time. So sit tight. I hear patience is a virtue.

Anna, Fair and True said...

Beautiful! Do you take care of it or is it mostly your parents' doing?

edina monsoon said...

It's all mum:) I weeded once about 6 years ago. ( does that count??) My contribution to date, would include the very occasional watering of plants and standing about talking to mum whilst she weeds. Psssst, my father's role is even more minimal so we won't dwell on that:) He takes pictures of the garden.

edina monsoon said...

misdina: Pshaw! I know that's bunga kertas:)