Thursday, March 09, 2006

Superman's wife


She died you know. At such a y0ung age. Lung cancer claims lives greedily sparing very few. It is alarming to realise non smokers are as susceptible to this as much as the smokers. So the next time someone puffs in front of you, I believe it's justified to poke the yob in the eye.

Dana Reeves, I always admired her role as tireless caregiver to her husband. Did she then neglect herself during that period? Could she have detected this evil cancer earlier...and be alive now as a result?

5 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

I saw an interview with her on Larry King Live about a year ago, before I heard she had cancer. Such an admirable woman! I feel particularly sad for their son, having lost both his dad and mum at such a young age (13).

The Aunt said...

While I'm not sure there is a heaven for me, I am very sure they are reunited in their own heaven and smile down upon us.

What good people they were. They won't be gone as long as they are remembered.

edina monsoon said...

anna: I totally agree. I hoper her son will remember what a wonderful woman his mother was.

Aunty marianne: I'll definitely remmeber her...for her courage and her patience. For better..for worse..till death do us part:) How true that statement was for her.

3e said...

sometimes you just wonder why bad things happen to good people....

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

I was so saddened to hear of her death also. What a story. Makes you appreciate your life.