Wednesday, December 06, 2006

Snap Happy!


I woke up early this morning. A full bladder rather than the alarum clock did the trick. It's now 7:25am..the coffee mug's half empty ( or half full ),there's a nice calm to the early hours and I'm thinking about life. ( Which is something i do quite a bit these days..is this the sign of old age?)


The thing is, I want a new job. Nothing wrong with the present one. I slept with my face ( the right side ) on a magazine. I have the creases to prove it. ( as if you ever need proof of something as trivial as this ) It must be osmosis working its magic. I found myself gravitated to my folder of old pictures...and fantasizing for a minute...the challengers of being a different job description. I slept on the page entitled "Snap Happy". So sleeping over something really does affect your mind. Point proven.

4 comments:

Fred said...

I wish we had osmosis. I'd be sleeping on textbook every night.

kenju said...

There was a psychic here in the US back in the 30's and 40's (edgar Cayce) who claimed to sleep on his textbooks everynight and never having to study - yet knowing all that was in the books. There's hope yet - fred!

edina monsoon said...

fred: I went through a phase 8 years back....when I would arrange my books all around me on the mattress. Not so much for osmosis but for ease of reading when getting up. I read somewhere, the first thing you readin the morning..sticks longer. The things we believe!!

Kenju:Sleeping on textbooks is a slow process. You can only sleep over them one at a time. And some of em hefty ones can give you a mighty creaky neck the following morning..I think.

just me said...

thinking about life? guess you are just going through a phase...what with friends leaving for greener pastures elsewhere..