Saturday, May 19, 2007

Queen of suspence


Just when I thought I'd exhausted all decent authors, I find myself pleasantly surprised. A short trip to the local bookstore..turned into a fruitful visit. Out of sheer boredom, I decided to scan each and every shelf carefully. The first 10 minutes left me with a creaky neck. Have you ever noticed reading titles requires tilting your head to the right? Well, it does. And after a bit the neck hurt quite a bit. Some people firmly believe bookstores are also libraries. And during this such visit of mine, there were just two of such individuals planted firmly along two of the shelves. Due to the logistics, I ended up starring at Georgette Heyer's books.
And THIS is how I found she writes ( contrary to popular belief) detective novels as well as historical romance. Envious Casca was highly enjoyable. I've just bought a second " Detection Unlimited". Srumptious reading ahead for me this weekend.

No comments: