Sunday, September 16, 2007

:(


I can still hear the sound as the violin hit the floor. The bridge broke into two pieces and my strings remained flat ....there was a loud bang. After adjusting the bridge ( an hour later ). the adjustment required a trip to the nearest music shop. Things were looking good. I cheered up enough to buy a storybook. Alas, the joy was short-lived. Only realised the extent of the damage when I fished it out of the case to practise. there's a crack and the violin sounds awful. Added to that, the new bridge slants differently so practising across strings is now a little bit more challenging. I'm very sad. I had a little weep whilst practising my scales ( with loads of notes off key).

5 comments:

dobbs said...

Oh dear -- hope you can get your violin fixed. Then again with a crack, you might need a new one.
Btw cute bear!

fibrate said...

So sorry to hear that...but look on the bright side - time to get a new one! :)

Katrin said...

That's so sad... I hope you can find a new one. :)

edina monsoon said...

Dobbs/fibrate/katrin: THANK YOU!! I feel better just after reading your entries.

The Aunt said...

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!