Saturday, February 07, 2009

Short fingers at work


Posted by Picasa

“I was much distressed by next door people who had twin babies and played the violin; but one of the twins died, and the other has eaten the fiddle, so all is peace.”
Edward Lear


At about 7:40am on most Saturdays, I would peel the eyes open and just about that time, give or take a couple of minutes, the urge to practise grips me right in the right wrist. From then on, the stool is pulled and the notes turned to the right page, and the blasted "scales and Arpeggios" book is on on the music stand. The neighbours deserve an award for their patience with my playing. But I should like to gently point out that they are in a posession of a baby who cries ( according to my tuner in C sharp and E flat....some nights). So we're pretty even for now.

3 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Why so early? On Saturdays I'm still sound at sleep at that time!

edina monsoon said...

hahah the desperation kicks in. Violin class is usually scheduled on Saturday afternoons...so you understand the sudden urge to practise practise practise

Anna, Fair and True said...

Ah I see :)