Sunday, March 29, 2009

Earth Hour was yesterday




A lot of things we do are symbolic, it may not lead to the actual goal immediately, but there's a feel-good-factor that you have ( in your small corner of the world) done your bit. And so, yesterday evening, I was paying at the till when the customer ahead ( who was a bit annoying and eventually took one of my shopping bags by mistake and had to be hunted down ) chatted to the cashier in a loud voice.

" You know, anyone can take things in the dark"
( silence..as the cashier continues scanning her legs of mutton)
She continues "It's hard to shop in the dark, I could just take something and run off"
Cashier perks up " No cannot, you cannot do like that".

My first thought was, what a silly woman. Then it hit me, that it was earth hour she was jabbering on and on about. Time to head home...and sit in darkness in an attempt to save the world.
The reality of it was, I fell asleep ...and for the first time in weeks had a good 9 hours sleep. Sitting in the darkness thinking pure thoughts is all good, but at around 9pm-ish I started feeling slugging with no visual stimulation whatsoever and nodded off shamelessly.It's 7:25am this morning. I'm having breakfast before heading for the 8am mass. Happy Earth hour hope yours was a little bit more exciting than mine.

No comments: