Saturday, April 18, 2009

To drink or not to drink

If you drink >330mg of caffeine per day, you may increase your risk of developing osteoporosis. The link between caffeine and osteoporosis varies. But just to be safe, I've cut back on my caffeine intake to a mere mug per day. It's hot chocolate for me please. (despite the odd look from the persons taking the orders..the transition has been smooth.) What I would like to know is this, what's the little cup of water served with this hot chocolate for? To dip the spoon after stirring? To rinse your mouth after drinking, to dip your fingers in...if so are you meant to do it before or after drinking....we would have asked the waitress,had it not been for her slight snooty demeanour when taking our orders earlier. Less coffee ...and don't forgot your zimmer frame:)

1 comment:

fibrate said...

To wash down the sticky chocolate :) Technically I still can consume up to 200 mg of caffeine per day, but if the price of sheer ecstasy is guilt (think IUGR) then I'll pass *sob*