Saturday, July 04, 2009

Paracetamol the wonder drug


I awoke with aching muscles, and the sorethroat from the night before had become more sore overnight. Feeling sorry for self, I made my way to the bathroom and brushed my teeth. I had rusty colour sputum. Always wondered why people called it rusty. Now I know first hand. Because it looks just like the color, should you ever have the need to dip a rusty nail into a beaker of clear water. Miracles!! After swallowing two panadols ( that was difficult) I sat down in front of the computer......

3 hours later..I'm well. I've done two cycles of laundry, hoovered the floor and parts of the furniture which looked and felt dusty...showered and washed the hair. And at 9:30am with the Saturday morning sun shining right into the hall, I'm able to enjoy the weekend minus the aching limbs.

3 comments:

fibrate said...

Sounds like a drug-fueled weekend. Take care!

Lori Stewart Weidert said...

Glad you're feeling better; I had a sore throat over a year ago that still traumatizes me to think of. They're the worst!

edina monsoon said...

fibrate: I was SICK the for the most part of sat morning. and am NOW sick again. ( Sunday ....so going to work tomorrow...is still iffy)

gnightgirl: I LOST my voice. DAMM!! Now I have a sore throat and no voice. What next?? Possibly aching muscles. ( as that's the bit which wasn't too pronounced earlier..so probably doesn't count) Oh dear...