Sunday, July 12, 2009

This is IT!!!

Today marks ONE week of being sick, with a hacking cough productive of greenish salty goo every morning, and evening and night as well. The voice wasn't a problem initially until midweek where it got to a stage my voice sounded suspiciously like a 12-year old boy's voice cracking during puberty. The aches and pains weren't present at all. And the fever was sorted out with a daily dose of paracetamol. Sadly, there is no happy ending this evening. I'm still ill. Not sick as a dog kind of ill.....but under the weather. And there is NO VOICE. I can't communicate unless it's via email/sms/mime. Frustrating! So please be grateful for your voices. It is VERY nice to be able to speak and be heard. I shall be over the moon when the voice returns. In the meantime, I've taken Monday off work...to lie in bed and rest. As a final desperate step, I am starting on a course of antibiotics and DIFFLAM throat spray.

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Lucky you we communicate so much over those other media these days! Imagine what it was like 20 years ago! :)

edina monsoon said...

I would have gone crazy miming out my thoughts. That's for sure. HOpe the voice returns by saturday...dateline. Am giving a talk that afternoon:) If it hasn't by then....the slides will have to speak for themselves I suppose:)