Monday, August 31, 2009

The Malaysian Youth Orchestra


Held at Sunway Pyramid Convention centre. Now I have two bones to pick with this place. One ( the more important one ) is the non-existent sound-proof walls for the rooms. IT's terribly unfair on the participants to slog for weeks for a recital only to have their music drowned by the piano playing from the next room. It messes your song up. The second is the nose-numbing air condition which I'm almost sure they bung up a notch or two midway thru the performance. This made the boy to my left sneeze continuously during intermission. H1N1 protocol dictates he cover up his sniffles. Sadly, he didn't and proceeded to shower many little droplets to the front, and I suspect to the sides as well.

The music was DIVINE tho. SO if in 6 days time I develop myalgia, and the sniffles, I guess it would have been almost worth the while. Tamiflu here I come!!

Picture taken with the CANON G10.

No comments: