Tuesday, September 08, 2009

Coliseum


Coliseum Cafe & Hotel
98 - 100, Jalan Tuanku Abd Rahman 50100, Kuala Lumpur
Colisuem Cafe and Hotel was established in 1921, making it *count*count* EIGHTY-EIGHT years old. The picture was taken from across the road en route back from a photo-taking try-out session at Jalan Tunku Abdul Rahman's Ramadhan Bazaar. I can't remember the year, but yes I've eaten there ONCE. Probably had the crab filled something. And somebody else had the steak. For some odd reason ( I know I should remember more really) I can't describe for the life of me, the lay-out, the furniture nor the taste of the food. But I will say this, I reeked of streak way pass dinner time. And the waiters were pretty ancient and moved at a sedate pace. It didn't strike me then, only now, that this is pretty much like Agatha Christie's description of "Bertram's Hotel". Akin to being caught in a time-zone forever whilst its surroundings move on 

No comments: