Friday, November 27, 2009

My sister's keeper


This is my first and only Picoult book I've read. I remember being emotionally disturbed ( not in a bad way ) midway through and emotionally drained by the end of the book. That put me off Picoult because if you read the books I post, you'll know my taste is strictly chicklit. It was only after the third trip to the DVD shop ( and running out of movies to buy) that I finally decided YES I would buy and watch this.
And so this evening, ( to officially mark the weekend proper) I watched " My sister's keeper" and cried so much I ended up with a damp sleeve on the right and red eyes. I've showered now, so I can sit back and write this review.

I guess at this stage, almost everyone who reads has read one Picoult book and surprisingly most folks I've talked to like her style. Maybe I'm unfair. The movie was set with a narrator, different ones throughout the movie. Nice that way. Cameron Diaz was a convincing mum fighting desperately to keep her child alive. And so, yes I enjoyed the movie a lot. The little girl who played Anna was good. ( I've forgotten her name now) She reminds me of that actress who played Marie Antoinette. Can't remember the name now. Damm! And I like the judge as well as the lawyer who represented Anna. ( All famous stars cos I've seen them before, I just can't name them now) I'm sipping my second glass of water. To replace the tears earlier this evening. It's very tiring to cry so I think I'm going to lie down now. Final word, watch this movie! You'll be sucked into an interesting problem which tugs your emotions like crazy crazy.

No comments: