Monday, January 04, 2010

dodgy taxi ride



We took a cab back from KLIA yesterday after sending the brother and family off. And I strongly suspect we escaped being robbed. I live along Jalan Kuching, which is one of the main thoroughfares in the city centre. ( worthy of another blog entry surely...) but the cabbie chose a convoluted journey back. We went through Sg Besi, Jalan Kuchai Lama, Jalan Klang Lama, pass midValley , thought the city centre to get back home. That added a good 20 minutes to the journey.

I only realised we were off track when I we passed buildings I had never seen before along the highway. The driver took us through some dark roads with some traffic but the lighting was crap. And it was about then I had visions of being chopped up and appearing as the headlines for the papers the following day. Was the driver planning to drive to a secluded spot and get some stash off us? I have no idea. But I know that I won't be taking any more cab rides back from KLIA. At least for the next few months until I've recovered from this unpleasant experience.

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

What's KLIA? Maybe he knew about some accident on the main road? Happy thoughts are better!

edina monsoon said...

KLIA is our main airport. ( Kuala Lumpur International Airport). Yes...Happy thoughts!!! I agree. *shudder*