Friday, January 15, 2010

George Winston's Variations in Canon

If you haven't heard this version, please "youtube" it. Back in the dark ages, where pirated MP3 was sold in Sg Wang plaza openly, I got myself a couple of 'em. It was stashed in the drawer below the dvd player for the longest time. Until I got the ipod touch. Then the urge to fill the gadget with songs made me download EVERYthing I could get my hands on into the machine. And THIS is how I got to listen to this lovely piece of music. Towards the end of 2009, I got the music score. It doesn't work very well on the violin but if you can master it on the piano....WOOOOO....you will sound pretty darn good.
Pssst...and you may want to listen to "Joy". Absolutely brilliant!!!!!

2 comments:

letti said...

i just heard this one again over Pandora.com. Wonderful.

edina monsoon said...

yes isn't it??? I'm glad you like it too. This would make a great background music to a video show of your son's pictures:)