Sunday, January 24, 2010

Has the second wave of H1N1 arrive?

Do not hit the panic button. Not yet at least. There is a patient admitted to the ward which is confirmed positive for H1N1. So the next logical thought is, has the second wave arrive? I'm not sure to be perfectly honest. But I do know that there are more sniffles about town. And I am down with a second bout of flu in the same month. What bad luck. Better stock up on those vitamin Cs. Desperate days ahead. I've practised better hand hygiene and tried as much as I could, not to touch the face after examining patients but alas, the sorethroat which developed 5 days ago has stubbornly stayed on. At least this time, I'm still energetic enough to hoover.

2 comments:

Anna, Fair and True said...

Does vitamin C really help?

edina monsoon said...

It helps the flu. ( Speaking from experience). But I'm not sure whether it can help a whole lot in H1N1 infection.