Tuesday, January 12, 2010

I can continue reading ..." the Inheritance"


Captivating, originally uploaded by scochrancpslo.

I thought Id lost my book. Left it at the Mamak restaurant after feasting on Maggi Goreng a couple of weeks back in December. As luck would have it, I didn't realise it until a couple of days later. And the work started piling up, and the holidays were here. I was away. One thing led to another and it's been almost three weeks since I left my story book " The Inheritance" behind. ( I'd given up hoping that I would get the book back.) I went to have maggi goreng with no expectations this evening.

I had a lovely surprise. The man who served me said "buku buku". He took my order and then preceeded to rummage at the shelves behind the cashier. The rummaging went on for a bit. Two other helpers came to help. ( They main suggested loudly in tamil where it could be while the poor chap hunted for the book). After a good 10 minutes...he said the boss had taken the book back for safe- keeping and could I come by tomorrow he would have it for me. Isn't that SWEET? I promised I would be back Saturday to collect my book ...and to have another maggi goreng

2 comments:

letti said...

yay! that's sweet of them.

edina monsoon said...

yes!! Stuff like that make you smile for days just thinking about it. A good way to start 2010...by getting not just my book back...but faith in human nature.