Wednesday, January 20, 2010

What an experience



I got a birthday treat this evening. Dinner at Delicious which is a pretty decent place to eat because they serve great pate and banoffee pie. The evening started off well, we got a place to sit and our orders were taken by a helpful waitress. As luck would have it, I sat with a view of the selection of deserts. And spotted to my dismay one solitary banoffee pie left. Being maybe just a little bit kiasu, I very quickly asked for the pie to be sent to the table for after dinner.  The dinner itself was uneventful. The pate had improved somewhat by at least 4 notches since I last had it. And the capers they served weren't shriveled out but pretty firm and juicy. It was when I decided to have the pie that the trouble started. You see, nobody wanted to give us the pie. We ordered. And waited. And I watched the pie sitting quite firmly and stubbornly in its place. There was a lot of movement at the counter, but none directed to the pie. So knowing very well I have no super powers, it looked as if the pie wasn't to be. A second waitress came by the table. This only after we waved our hands off our bodies. She said there was no more banoffee pie. Liar!! I moved 2 cm to my left and saw the pie sitting sneering at me. I pointed, she pointed. But nothing moved. We walked to point and she said the sides were a little crumbly so she said there wasn't any. We insisted we wanted it anyway. She nodded and left. And there started the long wait for the pie. After a bit, it all got a little too frustrating. The friend walked to the counter and inquired what the problem was. He sat back. And there was some discussion where presumably the blame was passed from one personnel to another. We got the apologies ...but from the lovely waitress who served us initially and not from the culprit who started all this off..ie the second clueless waitress.

But I must end on a positive note, the pie was lovely, the company was very nice. And so I had an eventful but enjoyable birthday dinner.

3 comments:

letti said...

wow, but at least it was a happy ending :) Oh, and those are arm/leg warmers on jaxon. It started out a cool morning and then it became a much warmer afternoon, and so mummy had to think ahead for a convertible outfit. LOL. :)

edina monsoon said...

Jaxon has a clever mummie:)

fibrate said...

Glad you got your pie :)