Friday, April 02, 2010

Wau Penyu


Before explaining the picture and telling the story behind it ( it's not a long story possibly a few lines), I need to mention the colossal  thunderstorm which broke during Maundy Thursday ( otherwise known as Holy Thursday) Mass yesterday evening. Truly one could imagine the wrath of God as the temperature dropped significantly enough for me to roll my sleeves down midway through the lithurgy. Around 8:30pm which is the time I left for home, it had dried up somewhat and I was careful the car did not go through any huge collection of water en route back.

Naturally I detoured for food. And found this rather delightful ( and as someone described it as "funky" kopitiam) restaurant called Wau Penyu at Solaris Dutamas. Second visit there. So I'm allowed to state with some authority that the food is good. The Cucur Udang is the right consistency, not one of those chewy tasteless rubber ones served commonly. I had Nasi Goreng Kampung yesterday. I'm sorry there are no pictures. I was famished plus the family seated to the right was a big one. And I got shy at the thought of fishing out the good old camera. 

I did muster enough courage at the END of the meal to go a little camera-crazy. As you can see, the fella in the picture was reluctant to get out of the frame so I included him. 

4 comments:

fibrate said...

The last time I went camera-crazy at a restaurant someone asked me if I blogged. That's why it's the LAST time hehe...

edina monsoon said...

well unlike you, I have an unfriendly dun-mess-with-me look when I dun smile, so strangers very rarely make small talk with me. Cant help it...sometimes the pic is too nice to NOT capture on the digital camera:)

Anna, Fair and True said...

What were in the picture frames? Can't see.

edina monsoon said...

Anna: They are "keris" which is a traditional Malay weapon. Now only used in certain ceremonies. I had dinner there AGAIN this evening:) Btw congratulations on your engagement:)