Sunday, June 13, 2010

ambitions...




I wanted to be an author. I wrote my first chapter of Chalet School series but the characters got very boring. They in fact refused to participate in any of my words leading to a sorry end to what could have been a deliciously successful ambition. A bit late now to ressurrect the burning desire to write. I think I do much better from the reading part of the deal. I'm currently re-reading an old Miss Read book and enjoying it better the second time around. This is a mark of a good author.

6 comments:

yoong khean said...

i wanted to be a dinosaur digger. eheheheh

edina monsoon said...

good grief. I wonder where the influence came from. On a totally different note...when are you buying your next mac gadget??

yoong khean said...

no idea. i was hooked on dinosaurs since i was a kid. bit nerdy. haha.

shhh. looking for jalan to buy iPhone 4...heeheh. u want? :D

edina monsoon said...

I wan:)

fibrate said...

So we're not so different after all, but what is it with wannabe girl writers and English boarding schools? My protagonist was styled after Darell Rivers, predictably :)

edina monsoon said...

fibrate: darrell rivers? Hee hee...I have no idea. During my famous five mode..I wanted to be george. ( this corresponded to the time I had waist long hair in school which kinda messed things up)