Wednesday, June 23, 2010

Hiatus from reading..oh NO!

Firstly I would like to start by saying the week past and the weekend included have been tiring but enjoyable. Now if I could turn back time I would choose instead to be just that bit more disciplined and get some violin practice squeezed in daily. Current reading material and indeed for the weeks ahead will be non-fiction and centered firmly on music. My aim this evening ( or morning rather ) is to get acquainted with the Baroque period. circa 1580-1750 which lies between the late renaissance and the classical period. The main points of Baroque music are :( in no particular order) contrasting dynamics, little or no rubato( stolen time) and it has traditional tonal harmony.Oh boy...! So now I'm going to try and remember some of the composers;Bach, Handel, Scarletti,Couperin,Purcell. Okay time for bed. This has been exhausting!

No comments: