Friday, February 25, 2011

Family Album by Penelope Lively

At the stage of my life where I experimented with reading beyond the world of Enid Blyton, I found "a stitch in time" by Penelope Lively. I didn't like it when I first read it. Maybe because it was a great deviation from Blyton's world of gnomes and faeries as well as boarding school and midnight feasts. I re-read that book some years later during one of my long breaks back home. There are times where you find a story which makes you want to read slower to make it last longer. That was just such a book. Anyway, the reason why I'm prattling on is Lively's latest novel ( see picture above) is again, just such a book and I'm really enjoying this book very much. The last two books I bought ( and attempted to read) was not nice. I tried and tried. And now the two books have entered the graveyard of books ie temporarily put away. ( to be read later...when I'm really out of reading material).

2 comments:

Haris Abdul Rahman said...

When I come around to compile the list of books I'm least likely to read, I shall include this title on the list .....

edina monsoon said...

You will add this? On your to read list? Yah