Saturday, February 19, 2011

A study of utensils

An experimental shot....while waiting for the food to arrive
I changed the sting of the violins this evening . A whopping RM 175...for a set of dominant strings. For a more mellow sound...there's obligato ( at least it sounded like that to me ) strings for a ( wait for it...) staggering RM 401++. Estimated time it will last 6 months. Ouch! I also got the bridge of the violin shaved slightly. Why? Because the height makes playing at higher positions difficult. Plus my fingers ( like the rest of me presumably) lack strength. Anything to ease the pain of practising. ( But NOT obligato strings...)

I also bought two pens, a notebook a can of vanish and got my toenails painted an AWFUL green. ( Note to self...never choose nail colours on an empty stomach it clouds your judgement greatly) So for the next few weeks I shall be one of those ones with them gawd-awful coloured toenails. The ones you see...and think to self..WHAT THE HELL!!! ( That would be me!) 

2 comments:

fibrate said...

I think a photo would be most appropriate. I'd like to go WTH hehe...

edina monsoon said...

AaaaaaRrrgggh!!!!!! I will think About it. Hee hee