Friday, March 11, 2011

Nice things...err almost

A quiet Sunday....

Why is it ( rule of shopping like murphy's law) that when you're actively looking for an outfit you cannot find one that's suitable? I am just after going through my closet with a fine tooth comb in a sorry attempt to find a totally black outfit. The result...one black dress thoroughly suitable except....I must have been slightly drunk when I bought it. It clings at the wrong places. Then I proceeded to try my OLD dark blue skirts in the hope of palming it off as black. NO such luck. When themed with the black comfy T shirt I like...the faded dark blue skirt....looked decidedly BLUE rather than black. When I switched cupboards I finally found something!!! An old dress I bought a few years back. Never worn. Still fits ( just about) and looks pretty decent. So the moral of the story is this....buy loads and keep. You never know when you might need a dress. 
This was taken before I got CREAMED by Adda:(
On a different note I have to sadly admit that I have been thoroughly and consistently creamed by Adda during our scrabble mini tournaments. ( Usually done at the nearby mamak stall) The Mamaks sometimes ( during a lull in business) stand behind us and silently watch. A bit unnerving at times but generally they leave us pretty much alone. We can go on forever. I am a bad loser and an even worse winner. I think Adda gets a kick out of me MOANING away when I get creamed. 

2 comments:

fibrate said...

Aiyah you should come ransack MY wardrobe...everything is the colour of night :D

edina monsoon said...

I was late back home and was in a rush for the performance. So wore the hip hugging black dress that I initially said was too tight. Bleah!