Monday, September 19, 2011

The weekend for longchamp spotting

It would appear that I give in too easily sometimes. How else can I explain the fact away....that I spent Sunday afternoon at ( hold your breath and wait for it ) Petaling Street. That's right. The DAD watched a program on tv on the best hokkien mee evah! Situated in front of some building. 3 generations of cooks. And the opening hours was impressive. That program must have had some sublimimal pull because despite not actually remembering the name of the shop, nor the exact location....the DAD persevered and the we eventually sat down at a restaurant which sold hokkien mee. The hokkien mee was mediocre. So it would appear, the DAD has succeeded in leading us to places with crowds in a futile attempt to get the goods. ( read car show trip please and then sympathize with me)

Now that I've gotten that off my chest, let me get on with the ROWS of fake longchamp bags I saw. Some of them had some neat stitching but the giveaway is the feel of the canvas. Fake canvas feels smoother, looks shinier and folds in a rather undefined manner.

Those interested to know...the fake ones cost RM 30....and as we walked away, the price came down to RM 25:) I didn't stay on the bargain. My original la pliage and I moved decidedly towards the direction of the carpark and home.

2 comments:

fibrate said...

Psst...I have a new Longchamp bag :)

edina monsoon said...

wooHOOO...let's see it. ( Quickly quickly)......