Monday, September 17, 2012

Traditional costume of Austria

This was taken on a wet Friday morning
 I came across this lovely shop selling traditional Austrian costumes. If I were 30 years younger I'ld jump at this opportunity to wear an authentic gear. But if I were 30 years younger I would be unemployed and penniless so that's not going to work. The ones in this shop were made of thicker cloth and were significantly priced.
So cute
 These were sold at a souvenir shop. You can see the various fridge magnets to the left of the picture.
An adult wearing just such a costume
This was taken at the Kaisermuhlen station. The closest station to the hotel I stayed in. And look what I found...a real life adult wearing just such a costume to work.

2 comments:

Lee Peng said...

You could still jump into one of those authentic traditional Austrian costumes and pass as a teenager.

edina monsoon said...

hehehe I don't think I would attempt it though. A rather pricey experiment!