Tuesday, January 01, 2013

A belated Merry Christmas and a Blessed New year 2013

My 2-week long Christmas break was exactly what I needed to rejuvenate for 2013. No work ( despite efforts of bringing laptop back but then I knew this would happen) was done and certainly nothing remotely academic.

This is a picture of my latest painting effort ( mum calls it cheating) ...ie painting with numbers. Nothing to pooh-pooh. It is quite therapeutic and challenging. I dare you to get all the little bits coloured without going into the next available space. ( picture taken 80% finished)

I am trying to remember what is the most striking thing about 2012. What I remember is a sense of loss. I saw two friends lose a parent each.  A dear friend lost a very young niece at the brink of adulthood. There was a loss of two colleagues ( one much older and in another establishment and another slightly older and she was briefly a patient of mine) I also think of the loss of one of many authors I love reading; Maeve Binchey.

But I also remember good friends whom I have made over the years and kind people who have touched me in various degrees.

This new year ( being older and wiser ) I would like to be calmer and be able to gently appreciate life, family and friends without whom life would be rather empty.

Happy New Year 2013 to all who read this blog. Sorry for the big gap I was too busy enjoying my holiday!!)

No comments: