Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Parliment


Parliment, originally uploaded by andreaban2009.

When you google Budapest, you're quite likely to see pictures of either Chain Bridge or the Parliament. So here is my picture taken late in the evening. Using the G12 and rather unsteady hands because I was cold.

The Hungarian Parliament building is the largest and ( I googled) tallest building in Budapest. It is also the same height as St. Stephen's basilica.It lies on the bank of the Danube. And I got a good look at it during the rather pricy night cruise we took on the last night in Budapest.

This picture doesn't do it justice. Truly it looks amazing close up. Like a perfectly symmetrical intricate model. It is built in a Gothic revival style. It is the 3rd largest parliament building in the world. It has 691 roms, 20 km of stairs ( ouch)

I can't remember exactly what it is, but the building is built in such a way that the temperature is constant through the year.

No comments: