Saturday, February 25, 2017

Are you a tea person?

A lovely gift of Dilmah teabags.
 I love tea. I love the subtle smell and taste. I've tasted Dilma before from the complimentary teabag selections some hotels give. I think it was from a more upmarket hotel that I chance on my first Dilmah teabag. Green tea it was. And I enjoyed it thoroughly. Then I promptly forgot about buying any teabags from the Dilmah range because I had a few small boxes of crabtree and Evelyn and a tin of harrods and a box of Boh tea in my tea section of my cupboard.

And now, I have this gift of a huge selection of Dilmah teabags. Heaven! I shared some. And am looking forward to tasting each and every tea and enjoying and will attempt some review later in the week.
The first teabag I'm trying is Sencha
What is sencha?
Here is the description from the Dilmah Tea website:
Sencha tea:A gentle tea with a refreshing, and pleasingly mild character. A grassy note and hint of sweetness in the finish are typical of green tea steamed in the Sencha style.

Suggested pairing:
 Delicate green and creamy salads, seafood, sushi

Dilmah tea is grown in Ceylon. I've seen pictures of Ceylon and it looks amazing. Hmm a good reason to think about a holiday there. I wonder how much it will cost.

No comments: