Wednesday, April 26, 2017

LOKL , KL

The front of the shop. 
My first visit to LOKL along Jalan Tun HS Lee, which is a stone's throw away from St John's Cathedral. I tried parking inside the church compound and walking here but the guard refused to allow me to get free parking so I ended up parking at a public carpark and spending RM23 on parking for the day.  Here is the shop front, I like the simple white wash front. From the outside, you wouldn't think there is a courtyard inside. I like buildings like this. I believe houses should have the same concept.
The hostel 
 I entered through the hostel by mistake. It was only after I was seated that I realise there is a direct entrance to the cafe from the front. (Duh)
The side entrance to the cafe from the hostel via the court yard

This is the sunny courtyard. Like this very much.
Another view of the courtyard
 The other end of the courtyard.If you look up, you can see the balcony and the hostel rooms. All airy and well thought of.
Inside the cafe
 The cafe is actually small but the tall ceilings help give the illusion of space.  And they have a long bench with tables at one side, so that saves space. And the lightning makes it cosy.
Fritata and earl grey tea
 I had this. Fritata with some gorgeous green sauce. I've yet to decipher what went in the sauce but it was the perfect accompaniment to my frittata.
Salted Caramel crepe cake
 This cake was fresh and the fork cut through like a hot knife through butter. I could have eaten two of this. Really
Hash brown something
 Filling and it smelt divine when it arrived
Nutella cake
 I would also have this cake again. So light and fluffy with Nutella.
A selection of the available menu
 Some other things to consider when I next come. A note, their breakfast is served all day. Despite their website saying otherwise.
I wonder why their symbol is a rooster

Worthy of a post card surely
Some greenery is always welcome
 Greens always makes a picture look good.
Taken near closing time
 We were here for hours chatting away.
Chairs all arranged neatly signifying the end of a working day
Finally, it was time to leave, but we will be returning. Soon.

30, Jalan Tun H S Lee, City Centre, 50100 Kuala Lumpur, Wilayah Persekutuan Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Food 4/5
Ambience 5/5
Parking: 1/5 ( be prepared to pay through your nose if you drive here)

No comments: